HybridZ

weird stuff, can't start my L26 injected 280z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Bought a 280Z and replaced the old gas. Tried to start it and the plugs get soaked in gasoline. But I do have spark at all the plugs. Keep trying over and over again, and taking the plugs out and cleaning off the gas, and notice that a couple of them are getting bridged (carbon? or just crap floating in the combustion chamber?) in this process. I wipe them off and clean out the bridges, and try again. Same thing over and over again.

I don't think the timing on this thing has been changed in years, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Can anyone suggest obvious things I might be overlooking?

Guest Fast Frog

Dewzenol:

Check your fuel injection relay. It's a small two box relay 2" X 1" in size. On the 75-77 Z's, it's located just above the hood release handle near your ECU. I'm not sure about the 78 Z. I've had this problem a couple of times when there was gas and spark but won't start and the plugs were wet.

Also check your air regulator. It gives you air at start up and idle. The Tb doesn't kick in until about 1500 rpms.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Fast Frog (edited June 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Fast Frog (edited June 20, 2000).]