HybridZ

SU carbs and throttle cable?

YellowFever

throttle.jpg

It is an injected motor but I used the throttle shaft which should be the same thickness (not sure) for carbs or injection.

I took a cruise control "throttle cam" that fits right next to the true throttle cam on the throttle body off of a 1992 stanza.

You need it and the plastic sleeve that fits into it.

This makes it the exact same diameter as the injected throttle shaft.

Due to space limitations, I cut away a bit of the throttle cam leaving the minimum required to keep the cable always in the groove.

I ground and cut up a throttle cable mount off of a VG30 (most have two) and will someday weld it up to use both bolts and make it look sweet.

I'm not sure what you have to mount the cable mount to or how long a cable you have but the basic idea of mounting the cam there should work.

i have a throttle cable setup for su's somewhere...it uses the linkage between the carbs and the rod with the ball joints and the one linkage that sits in between the balance tube has been modified to have a wheel style throttle linkage setup and has a bracket that bolts to the top left su bolt that holds the throttle cable steady...ive only got the modified center piece for the cable and the throttle cable holder..10 bucks and its yours(to cover shipping)...i can get pictures if you want

i have a throttle cable setup for su's somewhere...it uses the linkage between the carbs and the rod with the ball joints and the one linkage that sits in between the balance tube has been modified to have a wheel style throttle linkage setup and has a bracket that bolts to the top left su bolt that holds the throttle cable steady...ive only got the modified center piece for the cable and the throttle cable holder..10 bucks and its yours(to cover shipping)...i can get pictures if you want

Pics would be great... I can't quite visualize it yet. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address... most photos posted here (photobucket) are blocked at work so all I get is a red x :(