HybridZ

RX-8 fuel injector for le28t

RenZ

i'm plainning to add a turbo to my car and i was wondering if anyone has ever used the RED injectors off a rx-8. and if so is there anything specail i would have to do to make them work properly?

Are those the big injectors or the really f'ing big ones? You need engine management, etc. etc. I idle 560 cc injectors pretty easily, but some say that much beyond that is rough. I suspect ignition and engine management play a big role. I've gotten 1200 cc injectors to idle like stock on a 2.0L 4 cylinder car @800 rpm with a standalone easily enough. Depends on how small of a pulsewidth you can get with your EFI and how repeatable the injectors are.

Are those the big injectors or the really f'ing big ones? You need engine management, etc. etc. I idle 560 cc injectors pretty easily, but some say that much beyond that is rough. I suspect ignition and engine management play a big role. I've gotten 1200 cc injectors to idle like stock on a 2.0L 4 cylinder car @800 rpm with a standalone easily enough. Depends on how small of a pulsewidth you can get with your EFI and how repeatable the injectors are.

on these are the small ones only 290cc ish i think the yellow ones are the bigger ones.

on these are the small ones only 290cc ish i think the yellow ones are the bigger ones.

Oh, I totally missed that you said RX-8, not the 13B. Those are too small for any but the smallest turbo setups. IMHO, 550 is sort of a basic entry point for turbo.

Oh, I totally missed that you said RX-8, not the 13B. Those are too small for any but the smallest turbo setups. IMHO, 550 is sort of a basic entry point for turbo.

yeah they are off of a 13b 6port renises engine, i work with these engines everyday so i have a bucket of injectors. i was only going for a stock setup at maybe 8lb of boost. i have a n/a engine i'm just adding a turbo. the yellow injectors are around 390cc's i wanted to use the stock computer but im not sure if it is complatible. any help would be much apreciated

yeah they are off of a 13b 6port renises engine, i work with these engines everyday so i have a bucket of injectors. i was only going for a stock setup at maybe 8lb of boost. i have a n/a engine i'm just adding a turbo. the yellow injectors are around 390cc's i wanted to use the stock computer but im not sure if it is complatible. any help would be much apreciated

The only injectors that are compatible with an NA ECU are 180cc/min ones that came stock. Anything larger and you will have to do things to fool the ECU. In general, using an NA computer in a boosted application is not a good idea, and will yield poor results. 290cc/min is plenty for a stock L6 turbo (came with 280cc/min stock).