HybridZ

Flush Side View Mirrors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hiya all,

Ok I guess not a lot of people have flush side view mirrors, but having my side view mirrors adjusted every day sucks, and I want to make my Z more modern looking. The one kit that MSA sells for a 150 is a very decent one. But I'm looking for something different.. So has anyone here found a easy way to mount some mirrors on the side, and what car did you use as a donor?

thanks in advance

Yuichi

Zdriver.com

The Tercel mirrors are sweet but most of us that want a change do not want to deal with those holes that would be left in the doors.

Yuichi, I would settle for adjusting mine once a week. I have to adjust mine after each 1/4-mile run, hehe.

Scottie

Guest Anonymous

speedracer.. I like this forum even though I don't ever plan on doing a v8 conversion has some cool info! So jim or pete, any of you guys going to clue me in on how to do the swap?

I just got a 5 way wink mirror, and I keep forgetting the limited viewing inside the Z. so I might as well go with stock rear view mirror and flush mounted side view mirrors. Scottie, the reason I want to do this swap is for a more clean updated look, and I don't like how they are mounted down, and I plan on doing more then going in a straight line so i need to watch whats around me, But I am still used to dropping mirrors, just getting annoyed of it! hehe

zya

Yuichi

Zdriver.com

Yuichi, I haven't installed them yet. Based on the pics on my site, you can see there is some machining to be done to the mirror brackets, and some fabbing to get them mounted to the forward corner of the window area. When I get there, I'll document it. Think Wintertime wink.gif

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -