HybridZ

Advice on radiator location

I intend to fabricate an over-the-radiator cold air intake (see photo). This will require a wide radiator that is mounted relatively low. I have taken a few measurements (see sketch) and the water pump outlet is approximately 2" above the radiator hose point. I would just like some comments about the proposed location.

Will I need to fit a longneck radiator cap mount or is there some other way I can purge the system of air?

vysssedanotr.jpg

img080.jpg

That's not the answer he was looking for. Thanks for the picture. I can make something like that for mine. The only problem I see is where is the MAF? Maybe he used speed density in his program and eliminated the MAF. Also what type of filter will fit in that air intake duct?

I believe Bart did something similar with his LT1. Maybe he can give you the answer you are looking for. GL

They use K&N filters - look up Australian eBay and look under 'OTR' www.ebay.com.au

From what I can tell there are three options for the radiator;

- a gooseneck extension with the overflow going out of the system

- a pressurised system where the overflow is stored in a tank and feed back to the system

- a recovery tank where there is a two-way pressure cap which allows overflow to a non-pressurised tank but a scavenge line which allows the overflow coolant back through the cap when there is a vacuum in the system.

Which best suits an LS1?

Yes, I installed an over the radiator intake on my car. The LT1 has an air bleeder on the water pump outlet that allows me to get rid of any air in my system. You will need some way to get the air out of the highest point in the system.

DSCF5204.JPG

DSCF5205.JPG

DSCF5206.JPG