HybridZ

cost of jtr kit

Hi guys,

Recently warmed up to the idea of the v8 conversion. I was curious as to the approximate total cost of the required parts for the jtr conversion and if there are parts that one doesn't necessarily need? Anyone have a negative experience with either the jtr or the motorsport auto parts? I'm not looking to have an engine bay that wins awards just one that functions and is reliable.

thanks for the help,

Brian Wade

I recently purchased the JTR kit to include the radiator kit, as well as the swap book and the LT1 book...cost was about $600. Parts are of excellent quality, and if you consider that along side the removal of trial and error doing it yourself, it makes it really cheap in my mind.

$600US is approx $850AUD or so, seriously, for well made bits and pieces (that book, which has lots of good information) and the cust service of JTR, that is a good price!!!

But if your handy, purchase the book and make your own engine and gearbox mounts based upon their very accurate, to scale drawings held within the book!

Building your own engine mounts from scratch takes a lot of effort, being able to bolt stuff in is very cool or at least copy someone elses brainwork!!!