HybridZ

V3.57 (SMD board) with LS1 coils?

dts300z

The mods should be fairly easy for 3 of the 4 coil outputs. For the first three use the LED circuits with a resistor installed, you probably already know that. The tougher question is building the 4th 2222 transistor circuit on the v3.57 board. I have not worked with one directly so maybe someone will chime in that has added an extra circuit to the 3.57 board. An option is that I have seen other people drive the LS1 coils directly from the ECU pins with a series resistor and it seems to work OK (see davew on msnsextra forum). In that case it is as easy as removing a few parts from the LED circuits and running wires with series resistor directly from ECU pin connection points. I have only used the 2222 transistor to drive pairs of LS1 coils in wasted spark mode so far.

I apologize for my lack of information... this setup I will be using on my LT1. I set it up initially for EDIS-8 and I have now decided to switch over so MS is controlling everything utilizing LS1 coils. I have more information in my build thread (link in my sig).

I am still a newb on this mega squirt stuff so I apologize for my ignorance on all the mods and stuff. I have been trying to read all the stickies and figure this out but I got a little lost along the way.

So this is what I'm trying to accomplish...

Utilize the 36-1 wheel and sensor bracket and sensor I made up (ford vr sensor)

Install LS1 coils

Figure out what I need to do to the MS to make this happen

Would it be easier to just get the MS-II v3.0 already setup from DIY? I initially thought EDIS was going to work for me and the install was straight forward but I feel I'm a little limited by the module.

Thank you,

Dan