HybridZ

240vs.280 ?

240zJon

I currently have a 72 240 and i lov ethe feel of the car but i have a problem. When i drive it my head is practically touching the roof. Im 6'3'' and im thinking a 280 has more headroom in it so i might sell it and buy a 280. Is there any more headroom in a 280?

Hmmmmm..... That is a good question. I have a 240 and a 280 and I always figured the 280 had more headroom than the 240 because of the 350Z seats in the 240. I am not sure if I will be able to wear a helmet in the 240, it is that tight in headroom (I'm in the 6'3"-6'4" territory). The 280 has plenty of headroom, but they are still stock seats (soon to be Miata seats). I will have to check, if there are differences, now.

IIRC the 240z had a more rounded roof, because of that, My assumption it that the 240z has more head room.

Have you tried to remove the stock seats and look at how the runners are? My parts car came with some weird spacers.

same roof in both cars, the seats are different as are the seat brackets, the fornt brackets on the 280 might be a touch lower, most aftermarket or later model seats are thicker in the bottom than the stock seats, so if headroom is an issue stock seats are your best bet if you still don't fit, cut out the seat brackets and fab lower ones or just bolt the seat to the floor

yeah i have the original seats in it and i already lowered it a good inch since i took off some weird spacers. its just so hard to fit my hand under it to get the back seat bolt. would it be hard to cut out the brackets and makes new ones. its a possibilty since it pretty rusted already and i was planning on getting new rails/pans.