HybridZ

Question Body work on the Z

Hey, I was wondering for all the people that have gotten body work done on there Z what some costs should be. I want to get the zg widebody fenders and get them molded on to the car like Mark rolston gunmetal Z. I was wondering what the normal price for that body work would be. Also getting the car painted another color(I am gonna go with rosso corsa) . Also if anyone has a rosso corsa z if they could post up pics. Thanks for any help.

If you just do it yourself, you can save yourself a set of new rims. Its not too hard if you have garage and handy with fiberflass and bondo. Rivit, fiberglass and bondo. Maybe its just me but i dont recall seing a zg widebody? you mean flares right?

yea I meant the fender flares. I wouldnt want to do it myself because I wouldnt want to mess it up. If dealing with bondo is anything like dealing with drywall plaster then it can be a pain to deal with if done incorrectly. I have no problem doing all the engine/mechanical work however I would rather leave the molding and painting to a professional.

It really depends on how good of a paint job you're looking for. 240hoke has a good writeup, and I think its a sticky on the installation of the ZG flares.

As for the paint job, If you're just looking to get color on the car, you can always do a $500 maaco job. Research around a bit and find out which shop does good work.

If you're looking for a show stopper, about $5k. And anywhere inbetween really. Personally, my paint job ended up being over $5k, but granted there was also quite a bit of work to do on it. However, that was also with me doing most of the blocking/sanding.

Best thing to do would be to ask around about body shops, and go get quotes from them. Places like auto shops, parts stores, etc often have dealt with the local places and might have better info than joe down the street...

I am more interested in the price people have paid for molding the zg fender flares on to the car. I am very well aware that a full paint job of good quality is going to be 3k+. However I am not familiar with the cost of the modling process. Since it is mostly labor shops can charge pretty much anything they want so I wanted to get realistic estimates from people who have had it done.

I dont think i recall seeing anyone on here with molded zgflares onto the car. bolted, yes, mold on, havent seen yet. im starting to think your talking about regular flares because zgs are bolt on flares, i dont see why you would want to get a set of nice bolt on zg flares and mold them in when you can get mold in flares for cheaper. zcarparts now have stick on zg styles that are more easier to mold since it has no bolt holes so you dont have to deal with. tack, fiberglass and bondo.