HybridZ

Heater Upgrade???

240zJon

Your best bet is using a Honda blower motor to replace the stock unit. It will push more air. They can be had at a junk yard for $10-$25 or off eBay for +$75! I'd try a back flush on the heater core (use the hoses where they attach to the block fittings). Detach the hose going to the hardline up to the water pump. Stick a garden hose nozzle in this hose leading to the heater core. The other hose is simply removed from the head fitting so the water can flow out to the ground. Be sure the heater control valve is opening all the way too. Also check to be sure your thermostat isn't stuck open which can slow the engine warming up (but usually causes overheating issues).

The best thing to do is just to make sure that all of the OEM components are in good operating condition. Everything in my 240 is original and the heat from the vents can be so hot that it's uncomfortable to leave your hands in front of them, and I rarely need to turn the fan speed up above 2.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I was just wondering if there is any kind of upgrade that you can do to a 240z that will make it actually blow enough air to defrost. also is there anything that will make it heat up faster?

If you need it for defrost the window , you can put a electric heated windscreen in , we made a batch we use for race and rally cars here i EU .