HybridZ

Buying up some gauges - have some questions

So I have decided to buy up some gauges for my 1975 280Z SR20det project.

Prosport 52mm tinted glass gauges:

Air fuel

Boost

Fuel Press

Oil Pressure

Oil Temp

Water Temp

Volt

(maybe)Exhaust temp

AM I FORGETTING ANY?

5" Cobalt Autometer Speedo and Tach

One thing I am considering doing is just putting 3 of the gauges in the stock location, then affix the rest to the top of the dash like in the third picture. The dash is in pretty bad condition, and I am going to be doing a custom fiberglass dash project which will be wrapped professionally in suede. At that point I will conceal the gauges better, but for now I think im gonna go "drift" style.

It comes priced out to $868 before tax (gauges + 5" tachs) - is there a cheaper alternative? I mean, I gotta have all my gauges right? Cant be running lean or too much boost.

PICS:

6298_d_thumb.jpg

13782_thumb.attach

defi

Picture 1_thumb.jpg

Picture 2_thumb.jpg

Heh, that's a lot of gauges. Maybe rather than mounting them all to the top, you should consider maybe a dash cut to sink them in a ways and not block any of your vision. hmm, lemme see what I can PS real quick.

5gaugeDash.jpg

LOL That's awesome!! Imagine if someone actually did that...

EDIT: Good job with the shoop too, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't real!

yeah it's just ideas. Here's the Shelf idea...

Dash5x.jpg

I like the integrated gauges better. I dunno how hard it would be to do that since I haven't looked behind my dash. doing this with the great stuff and bumper goo, might actually be pretty interresting/easy?

Phar

Thanks on the PS kudos'

I like the integrated idea. I am going to have to look into that. I have my dash out right now, I am gonna measure and look behind it to see what I will have to modify. But if it looked factory that would be so very cool. Especially with a professionally done suede cover or something.

yeah, look for a thread on dash repair here, you can make a custom dash that looks like stock pretty easilly for a fraction of the cost of suede. You might need to do some fiberglass, but the "great-stuff" and bumper goo should work well, and so far we haven't heard of any cracking.