HybridZ

brake clearance for watanabe wheels going 16x9 -13 and 16x9.5 -19

I have a set of watanabes ready to be installed on my 240z... wanted to know what type of front and rear brake setups everyone has that will fit with the watanabes 16x9 -13 and 16x9.5 -19. I know willwoods will fit, 240hoke's wheels are running willwoods brakes with his wheels. i wanted to go with a rear disc brake upgrade, and maybe a front 4 piston toyota pickup brakes.

Please let me know your setups and suggestions. thanks in advance.

I had the same issue and got help from the forum. I have the S13 disc conversion in the rear and clearance on the rear is not an issue. For the front if you want to run the toyota 4x4's you have two options and both require the hubs from Modern Motorsport and Z31 rotors if you want vented fronts. First you can run the S13W caliper which has 4 equal sized pistons and are monster big and they require about a 5/8ths inch spacer. Second option is to use the S12+8 caliper and a 1/4 spacer. I chose option 2. The down side of the S12+8s is they have one large piston (same as the ones on S13w) and one smaller piston. I don't see this as a big issue. They are still four piston and they are designed to stop a vehicle that is about twice the weight of a Z. Check out my thread. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129101&highlight=watanabe+4x4

thanks man, i read over this thread before, it looks like i will be going S12+8's with some vented rotors route. When i was reading through your thread you ran into fitment issues with rubbing on the fender and air damn. What did you do to make the fitment work with the ZG Flares and fender? how is it with the spacers?

In my case the tires rubbed so I trimmed the air dam and fenders. I still have not gotten an alignment and I believe this will fix the problem. Also I used 245's on the front and I could have used a narrower tire which would also help. As far as spacers, I don't really even notice them.