HybridZ

car doesn't pull!

Hey guys, i'm back again and i need help with my 1983 280zx turbo with hopefully the last problem i'll run into. i couldn't rev past 3k rpm and my car always died coming to a stop.

Well the TPS fixed those problems, but now my car is hard to shift into first and reverse, could it be the clutch? also, when i do get it in gear and i'm punching it at WOT, the car pulls, but not as hard as the first time i test drove it and i hear the turbo sucking in a lot of air but no GO. could it be that the clutch isn't grabing it?

please help

thank you in advance

A butt dyno is not a good way to diagnose a car.

Are you asking about the clutch or how your car doesn't 'pull as hard?'

Check the fluid levels in the tranny. Also you might need to bleed the clutch or replace the slave cylinder. They go out often.

Could be. Having a hard time putting it into gear won't have anything to do with your Pressure Plate though.

You can get a slave cylinder at AZ for about $12 and it has a lifetime warranty, and takes about 15 minutes to swap and bleed. My Z31's went out on the way to autozone and I did it in the car park.

i already bleeded the clutch and it's a little easier to shift now, but grinds really bad when putting clutch into reverse.

Still can't figure out why its not pulling in high rpms.

sorry for being such a noob. just really confused and tired of problems coming up after another.