HybridZ

Bay Area autobody shop recommendations?

auxilary

I can't stand sanding and doing body work (to me, it feels like nails on chalk board) and I want my car ready and prepped for the swap, meaning painted and ready to go. I wouldn't mind repainting the car either, my current paint, while glossy in some areas, is showing its 20 years.

Can anyone in bay area recommend a shop that will handle doing underbody prep and paint (baddog rails were put in) as well as engine bay and possibly exterior? Engine bay and underbody are currently the priorities

I've used D-Rod's in San Jose and been happy with the results (on other cars besides my Z, coincidentally). I'm certain he can do a very good job with exterior, engine bay, etc BUT...

He ain't free. If you're looking for something cheap, he's probably not the guy.

Repainted the front fascia on a car that I wanted to be absolutely perfect -- happy with the outcome but I paid 1.5k to 2k (don't remember exactly).

Now that I think about it, he also fixed some scratches and a small dent on the tailgate of a 2 yr old truck I had. It was a quick job and didn't need to be "show quality." As I remember, it was about $200 -- on the high side, but reasonable.

btw, he charged me what he quoted me and the cars were ready when he said they would be. iow, he's not like some knuckleheads that are in the bodywork business...

Aux,

The place that removed the drip rails and smoothed everything for me in Oakland was VERY reasonable with their paint costs and friendly too. I don't have the name anymore, but I posted it in the body & paint forums about 2-3 years ago. If you do a search, at least one of the threads about drip rails has my info in there.

If you can't find it, call me or email and I'll look it up. They painted Kevin's red Z (remember Leonard's friend?) and did a great job for a reasonable price as I recall.

Davy