HybridZ

Re-wired but no spark NOW!!!

Well i rewired my whole car and i tried to start it it cranks and theres fuel.

But there is no spark theres power on both side of the coil and spark wire when i hold it to a ground when im cranking it.

I was looking at the wiring diagram im miss the resistor and transitor are these 2 required.

Well i rewired my whole car and i tried to start it it cranks and theres fuel.

But there is no spark theres power on both side of the coil and spark wire when i hold it to a ground when im cranking it.

I was looking at the wiring diagram im miss the resistor and transitor are these 2 required.

Which transistor are you talking about?

Yes, you need the ballast resistor. If you run points without the resistor, your coil will overheat.

1973 240 stock l24 with a AZC mainfold with a holley 4 brrl,

i got like a painless wireing kit but a cheaper one from speedway,

im missing the resisstor so i guess ill have to go buy one i was just wondering if i could run it with out the resistor

but i did some research about the 280zx dizzy swap looks like something i might want to look into

Does the new harness incorporate the engine harness? To start your car you'll need fuel, air and spark. Since you're breathing ok that covers the air. We'll assume there's fuel too. To get spark, you need +12 volts at the + post of the coil with the key on. Do you have that? On my 71 that +12 volts comes through the ignition via the tachometer. Did you not hook something up? The lack of a resistor will not keep the car from starting but will cause the coil to overheat and points to burn up eventually.

I have to wait my carb is leaking fuel everywhere so im waiting for my rebuild kit after the carb rebuild ill start finding out the problem agian

my fuel pump is leaking also i guess this is wat i get for buying cheap summit fuel pump