HybridZ

Bolt Size? Stainless bolts?

BLKMGK

I'm looking for a good place to get stainless fasteners. I've used Totally Stainless in the past and they had lot's of car kits but their catalog is no longer online and the paper one costs $3. Why have a WEB site?! I asked for one anyway but if it's not free I doubt I'll be getting one.

My intent is to replace fender bolts and other fasteners with polished stainless but I'm looking for unpolished parts - I've got a buffer. The size I'm MOST interested in right now is for the rear cover on the R200. I'm missing a bunch of those bolts and would like to use polished ones, anyone know the size? How about a good online shop for this stuff?

Here's one site that looked good but has no online ordering -> http://www.southcoaststainless.com/

And Totally Stainless -> http://totallystainless.net/totally.html

Now doubt. I got tired of the anti-sieze and finally just put helicoils in the aluminum parts. Funny thing, after all the on-and-off of trial fitting and finally in the end, putting the coils in, I find now that I haven't had to take those pieces apart anymore. But now that I am removing the Zeus fasteners off of my bodywork, I am once again using the coils in the fiberglass itself so that I can bolt the body on from underneath.

Terry

Guest Anonymous

I relize we don't live in the same town, but we have a couple of great fastner shops in town. I have found very weird exotic sizes in stock. Have you exhausted you home town?

Well, I've not YET taken one of the few bolts I DO have to the hardware store. Generally the hardware places don't sell capscrews in stainless or button or anything except hex (sigh). We'll see, for now I'm working on getting the motor in the car. I DID manage to find some decent bolts for that project but the dorks didn't have things fully stocked so some of the bolts will be grade 5 instead of eight and the motor mount bolts might end up a hair short - we'll see. We used to have a good place for stainless here but they went out of business years ago - I miss them a great deal!

I may have a solution! One of my industrial supply catalogs has button head stainless in quantities of 100 for a pretty reasonable price. I'm not yet sure on size and may be forced to take one of the ones I've still got to the store to find a match but it looks like 100 bolts may cost as little as $20 or less. Not bad!