HybridZ

Power windows in a 240Z?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I am wondering if power windows can be added to a 240Z? Did a 240Z ever come with power windows? How about 260's and 280's? Will 280 doors physically bolt on to a 240? Just some questions guys. Please Help.

Jamie

none of the "Z" model cars came with power windows, only the "ZX" (79 and up) had them and they are not compatable. I'm sure you could make a power window system with some patience though.. (maybe one of those universal systems?) As for the 260/280 doors bolting up, they will.. however there are some differences the way the inner door handles (grab bar) bolts in is different. For sure you'd want to use the door panels for the same door. Also the later 280's I believe have a different latching mechanism.

This topic of the doors bolting up to 240Z vs 280Z came up a long while back. Be VERY careful before purchasing the 280Z doors for your 240Z. I would be surprised if they actually fit. And yes, the latch mechanisms are somewhat different. If anyone tries this, please post the conclusive results!

David

I used the universal window and door kits sold by Summit. Real easy to do, what a no brainer! All you need is a good window regulator with good teeth.

Make sure your doors match, my car had one 73 door and one 74 door, when i bought new regulators one side didnt bolt up!

Door locks are easy too,I got rid of the latch pull thingy.

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

Guest Anonymous

Be very careful about mixing doors. If I am not mistaken, the 76 and earlier doors will interchange with one another. 77 and 78 doors have a slightly different angle at the latch side of the door and the latch mechanism is totally different. I know the door panels from earlier cars won't fit the 77 and 78.

Craig