HybridZ

Nissan Noob, thinking of buying a 75 s30 Turbo 5spd

Guest Windsma

Guest Windsma

Not a bad deal i guess. $1000

75 280z Turbo 5spd, body kit

it was a father son project and the kid started messing w/ drugs so they sold it. The owner says it needs a fuel pump. ive read a few tech threads here and its possible thats the issue.

it has been sitting for 9 yrs.:shock:

the ad reads..

have two 75 both have very nice bodys 5 speed 280 zx turbo car new pipes and muffler loud sounds good , got 2,000 in ground efects on car nice car nice leather interior mag wheels and black one is 2+2 4speed 75 model both needs a fuel pump but they run good black car needs restoring has nice interior in car have title will sell for 1,500 both cars or trade let me no what you have thomas phone call anytime or will sell one car at a time for 1000 each if dont want both give better deal if buy both 1,500 for both

Ill prob only get the red one for 1k.

3m83o03l0ZZZZZZZZZ95gf51fbea7d62010d3.jpg

3n13m03o4ZZZZZZZZZ95g531cd1eb575316fa.jpg

Im a die hard Chevy fan and restore old Muscle cars for a living. And I used to own a (covers mouth and mumbles) mitsubishi3000gt *cough. Yeah so i know how the new stuff works too. A 70's EFI maybe a switch though.

I most likely just sold my 60 Impala so ill have some play money to do what ever. Bigger turbo, intercooler, Fuel sys, Ignition upgrade etc.. (i hate the phrase "mod") but any maintenance / upgrade suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mainly just wanted to know what im gettin into before i buy.

Thanks,

Matthew

Well you're getting into an awesome japanese sports car community if you do. Check for rust and obviously bondo work with a magnet. I f you rea through the forum you'll find that these cars are very succeptible to flexing and twisting in stock form and rust weakens it further. The thin body panels and no rust proofing make them very prone to rusting in all the wrong areas. If you're planning on big fun power(which it soudns like you are) then a strong chassis would be recommended. I would look it over very seriously. He says 75 280zx turbo car in his listing but 75 is a 280z and 280zx came in turbo. It's not very congruent so I would get pictures of the turbo.