HybridZ

Hood latch stuck

I think I may have to cut the hood. I replaced the hood latch cable with a

brake cable from a bike, closed the hood and now it WILL NOT open. I mean I strained my forearms pulling on that damn cable to try and open the hood and it will not budge. And to boot my battery terminal is corroded, so when I went to the store earlier and did not get a good connection to the battery my car would not start. The damn car is sitting in a lot. Frustrating to all hell:bonk:

Any outstanding ideas here?

Maybe you can remove the front grill and gain access to the front hood bolts. Then maybe you could lift up the hood enough to push on the hood release mechanism.

Just an idea, good luck!

That, and I STILL had to trash my front cowl piece to get my hood open. Good luck, and let us know how you manage to solve this.

I will start my response with a question. Did you at any time remove the hood locking mechanism from inside the engine compartment? If you did, it might possibly be that the hood locking mechanism is adjusted downward too far holding the hood tighter than what is needed. Try having someone press downward (relieving tension) on the hood while you pull on the cable. I hope this helps.

Mike