HybridZ

Tokico HP or KYB AGX for stock autox 240SX

I realize this isn't Z related but it's very hard to find good information on most other car related websites so I'm asking here.

This autox season I'm running a stock 92 240SX instead of the Z. The car REALLY needs a new set of shocks. I've done enough research to say I've narrowed the options down to either Tokico HPs or KYB AGXs.

Seeing as I only plan to run the car this one season and it's my daily driver I don't want to spend a lot on high end shocks but I would like to upgrade from OEM. The springs I'm running are stock OEM and will not be changed otherwise I get kicked up to a Street Prepared PAX.

Edit: I run in our local Street Tire class which allows cars from all SCCA classes except Street Touring to run on street tires (140 or higher wear rating) and use the PAX from their correct class. If I make any non-stock legal upgrades I get kicked to a Street Prepared class because the Street Touring classes are not allowed. I don't want to make this switch because I've already got season points where I'm at and don't want to spend the money to be competitive in an ST class.

So which shock set would be a better buy?

I have Tokico HPs on the Z right now but will move to something better when I switch to higher rate springs for next season, plus I need to section the strut tubes so will be replacing them anyway. I don't really have any complaints with them but have read that they tend to have a relatively short life when run with heavy springs. I won't be upgrading the springs on the SX so is this even an issue?

The things I've read about the AGXs is the rears are under damped, but again with stock springs will this really be an issue?

I know I should get Konis but they are much more expensive, a hassle to install, the rears must be removed from the spring to adjust and I really won't need them for street driving after this season.

Any other suggestions are welcome but keep in mind I'm not looking for race shocks or coilovers just a good set of performance shocks at a reasonable price.

Though I can't speak for them on a 240SX specifically, I have had the KYB AGX on one of my other cars (RX-7, running them with Racing Beat springs) and I was very impressed. Easy to adjust, too. I've not used the Tokico HP's so I can't directly compare the two, but I can say that I was very, very happy running the KYB's.