HybridZ

dead cylinder after head gasket replacement

I have an interesting situation. I have an 83 Turbo 280zx I have one or two dead cylinders after i replaced the head gasket this weekend. It also wont idle unless i feather the throttle.

I have not ran a compression test yet, i'm pretty skeptical that i wouldn't be getting compression because i torqued the head in the correct sequence of 20 ft/lbs, then 40, then 55 final torque. I also lined up the crank and cam sprocket marks with the dark link on the timing chain so my mechanical timing is spot on. I replaced all of that while the front cover was off. I have verified that i am set @ 20 degrees BTDC ignition timing with a timing light, and i have verified that all 6 cylinders are getting spark. I have checked all of my engine grounds, fuel injector connections, air flow meter, coolant head temp sensor, o2 sensor, tps, and aar. I've also connected all of my vacuum lines that go to the AAR, AAC, VCV, and VCM along with all of the VCM electrical connections. The knock sensor is also connected, along with the crank sensor. I've also made sure all my connections @ the ignition coil are there, including the power transistor. At this point im fairly stumpted because the car ran fine before other than the leaking head gasket. All my spark plugs are also gapped @ .040"

Tomorrow i plan to run a compression test and put a noid light on each of the injector connectors. I should probably test the resistance across the crank sensor. I did a resistance test across the injectors themselves and they all checked out within spec.

I dont think the oil pump being a tooth off is causing it because my timing light shows me @ 20 degrees BTDC.

Any other ideas? I can't think of anything else i should check.