HybridZ

Wonder if this will work...

Sean 83ZXT

I found a Flex-a-lite Fan at Tognotti's for $99 and here are the specs 13 3/4x12x5 1/4, 1050cfm w/ adjustable thermostat 180-240

I wonder if this combined w/ an Aluminum 3 core radiator (from another post) would cool pretty good on my Turbo L28?

What are you guys running in the way of CFM ratings?

------------------

Future 12 sec L28ET Driver

Hi Sean,

1050CFM might be on the low side if you get into 100deg amb temp and running hard.

The adj thermostats I would stay away from.

I've had them get wet and go waco. The fan with a thermosensor in the water jacket would be the best way. Be sure to have the fan pull and not push.

I'm running a 14" and a 10" SPAL (about 2500cfm)set of fans running 330HP V8 with a new STOCK 260Z auto 3 core rad.

Hope this helps.

Dave

------------------

www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html

www.NitroPhotos.com

Sean, Sacramento gets a little HOT in the summer, and I don't think your fan will adequately cool the car. Although I am still in the process of doing this, I am going to use a Ford Taurus fan from the wrecking yard. It will cool like no one's business--way over 2000 cfm, and it will be cheaper then the other fan (more $$) on my list, the Black Magic Fan from Flex-a-lite.

Guest Anonymous

Sean, like they say, an option is a OEM fan. I'm in Sacramento as well, and definately hot here in the summer as you no doubt know. I went to the Ford Lincoln Mercury dismantler in Rancho Cordova (off sunrise blvd). I paid I think it was 110.00 or there abouts for the Taurus fan, its a big heavy duty two speed fan with a shroud that blows LOTS of air and curved blades making it quieter. Its an option anyway.

Lone

[This message has been edited by lonehdrider (edited March 01, 2001).]

Lone is going to be your best source for nearby information. Look at Mike kZ site--find a thread in the Forum with his signature and click on it, go to his site and check out the clean fan install. Believe me, it is worth the look!

David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I had a copper brass 3 row radiator built with my original tanks. I ran a no name 16" electrical fan with adjustable therm. In 113 deg, stop and go traffic on Sunrise BLVD from Rancho Cordova to Roseville about 18 miles. I did not over heat. Bone stock L24 I hope this helps. Before you buy from Toggs. call Summit 1-800-230-3030 add 6.95 shipping they'll probably be cheaper and UPS should get it to you the next day.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

if you're going to pay in the neighborhood of 90 bucks anyways, why not get a permacool 16" fan? P/N PRM-19115 from Summit. It puts out 2950 cfm...which is more than any of the flexalite fans put out according to FAL's website...

Not sure if it was for an Automatic or not. I simply went to one of the Junkyard search engines - Junkyard Dog? - input my desires and E-mail address, and waited for the responses. $35 didn't include shipping but a $50 offer did.... I think I'm going to try out the Cobra fan I've got here now first though - after I find a shop that actually HAS a damned Griffin raditaor in stock! Jegs and Summit are backordered but I'm told a local (?!) roundy round shop keeps them in stock - woohoo! We'll see...