HybridZ

Interesting thing about oil hoses....

Owen

Another reason to do the remote oil filter with an oil cooler would be so that you could run filtered oil through the cooler. The sandwich adapters pretty much force you to put the cooler before the filter.

Guest Anonymous

Usually they're used as the swappers savior, as often they oil filter falls out in a bad position for the swap. I'll admit that I always thought the ones with two filters looked intriguing, but I figured if you change your oil often (1500-2000 miles) you don't need that much filtration.

For some that might seem like short miles on oil, but I've seen the dividends paid when oil is kept clean, and the wear considerably accelerates when extended to some of the manufacturers intervals of 7500 miles. (the stupid VW New Bug I had would use a quart in a 500-1000 miles since it was new and that was considered normal by VW, glad I sold it)

Probably basic stuff and some may be going icon_rolleyes.gif , but getting engines to operating temperatures and allowing everything to become warm (including the oil) will drastically reduce that gray putty looking smutz you see in the 'little ole ladie drove it to church on sunday' cars.

Oh well, enough of the shell answerman already...

Lone

Well, I figured that the oil filter would run into th eexhaust, looking at it a bit last night that might not be true (shrug). It DID make it easy to get rid of the bypass and changing the filer will be a breeze now icon_smile.gif I went with a single filter as duals just seems to beg pressure drop IMO. I've considred one of those sandwich coolers that use water so if anyone has details an part numbers for that I'd be VERY interested in seeing a writeup. I think the new 'Vette's and whatnot have them and the RX7 can have as many as TWO coolers formthe factory...