HybridZ

RB25 First start issue [fuel priming?]

jakeoster

Im very close to getting my RB25 to fire for the first time. Im getting it to crank over but it seems like its not getting any fuel into the fuel rail. I may not be priming it right because when I unscrew that bolt on the fuel rail nothing comes out of it, no pressure or fuel. However when I pull the fuel line off where it connects pressurized fuel comes out. Anybody have any insight into this problem?

Edit* Ive been going through the forums and really havent found any RB first start guides etc. Im new to the whole first start procedures on a fuel injected engine (my Crx project before this was carbureted) anyone got any advice?

Be sure you fuel pump is hooked correctly. I had this same problem. In my case the polarity on the fuel pump was reversed and it wouldn't pump. Also double check the fuel is going the right direction according to the arrow on the fuel pump. You have gas in the tank right? What about a fuel filter. Just some ideas. Good luck. Danny

So if Im reading this correctly you have pressure before the fuel rail... the side nearest to the fire wall but nothing is flowing past that ? Make sure the lines are hooked in correctly. The return line is at the front of the block and it comes off the fuel pressure regulator, which looks like a little bumpy fitting with a vacuum lime off it. The fuel rail feed is the open end at the fire wall side. If your trying to run fuel backwards through the FPR that might cause it. Other wise try putting a pressure gauge at the end of your feed and see what kinda of pressure the line is at... Keep working forwards until you find the blockage. As mentioned in the other post you might have the pump hooked up incorrectly. It should have a positve, negative and a control wire to the ecu. If you didn't hook up that one the fuel pump might not run right.

Good luck !

Chris

• Like 1

Ok thanks guys, I actually had the lines reversed and the fuel was going entering the return. Now that I got that that sorted I realized that I was getting no spark. I took the coil out and double checked it and it is in fact not sparking. Anyone have this problem?

Well sorted out some problems, however the computer I had was dented in a bit. Just so happened to be touching the circuit board and fried it. Opened it up and its wasted. Anyone happen to have an RB25 V.2 Computer? EDIT* bought one off ebay for $150