HybridZ

ECU circuit diagram help

Anyone know or have the circuit diagram for the ecu boards in a 85 z31. I've got two ecu's one starts but won't run and the other starts runs for about 5 minutes then goes to barely running. Took the covers off and found three diodes (D90, D64, and D19) that are side by side close to the input plugs. They appear to be either input or output as they go to the smaller plug. One unit has D90 blown and the other has D19 blown along with some burnt board conductors. I can repair them both with some new diodes and creative wiring but it would be nice to know what caused them to fry or at least what they are connected to outside the ecu. thanks to any who can shed some light on this.

Backwards jump start is usually the culprit but I've seen that damage occur from a person who thought disconnecting the battery terminals while the car was running is a good way to test the alternator.

A lifted body to engine ground can also cause crazy spikes and transients.

nope wasn't that. we disconnected the battery. removed computer put it on shelf. swapped the engine and stuff. reinstalled battery. started right up and drove it to where it was going. started the funny running soon after that. installed the computer from donor car and everything was good.