HybridZ

Electrical Question?

Guest zfan

Guest zfan

For all of those running eccessaries such as high output fans, fuel pumps, fancy stereo setups, starter cut offs, auto trans accessories etc.. What are you using for all this? Are use still using stock fuse box? Im currently trying to install a painless 12 circuit fuse box with added accesseries points. What a pain.

Ive contacted painless wiring techline. They do not seem to be to keen/knowledgeable re: Z wiring am thinking about just buying new Z fuse block as mine was fried. Thats why I started this fiasco in the first place.

To make a long story short I have had nothing but problems wiring the Z up to the new block. Not as easy as they make it seem!! Of course it doesnt help that Im a total rookie when it comes to this.

I called my local engine shop who also do wiring etc. and he said painless wiring should be called Pain in the A-- wiring, but said to bring by and they would make it work.

That scares me as I might be throwing alot of money at this project and that could go to other areas of the car needing improvement.

Anyone else go thru this? Mike icon_mad.gificon_sad.gif

Ahh, you're installing the Painless Wiring fuse box only?...after straining my eyes to read the Datsun wiring diagrams, I changed my mind and ripped out the whole dang thing and installed the 18-circuit harness with fusebox.

Even now when I have wiring trouble, I can just look at the wire and identify it very easily because each is colored, labeled/numbered, and divided into sections. If it's not too late you may want to do this.

Owen