HybridZ

JTR Hood Latch Bracket Question

I have a question regarding the mounting of the JTR Hood Latch Braket. On page 7-8 of the JTR book, it says to mount it 1.2" below the bottom edge of the ledge.

How critical is this measurement? If it were mounted 1/8" lower (the same position of the stock mount in relation to the ledge) will it interfer with the distributor? I did not re-read the book :-( when I went to mount the bracket, and placed it in the stock position. Before I take it off and re-drill 5 holes in the firewall, I would like to know if I will have a problem with the mount 1/8' lower.

Thanks!

Greg SmileZ

Guest dankinzle

It's gonna be pretty close. I'd mount the engine and see if it works and if it doesnt, then you can redrill the holes.

Guest Fast Frog

An 1/8" may not make a diff. You can shim the the male part of the latchon the hood) downward with small washers. This has worked for me on other Zs where the female part of the latch for some reason was scrunched down a bit not allowing the male part to catch. So I shimmed the male part about 1/16" to 1/8" away from the hood and it worked!