HybridZ

R200 rear end, have i got it?

Guest Neil

I was talking to a fellow Hybridz member and he recommended, among other things, that i get the R200 rear end. He added that I may already have it in my '76 280Z, but he wasn't sure and that I should ask. So, i'm asking; Do I have it? How would I know? If not, what do I need to do to get one? Thanks for helping this Junior member out (when does that go away?).

OK Junior, you have to be able to compare a couple of rear ends. It may be as simple as going to the wrecking yard and looking at wrecked Z cars--the R200 is a wider pumpkin and has a kind of octagonal rear portion, while the R180 is a bit more slender. I pulled my diff from a 280Z. Most likely yours is too. If there are no Z enthusiasts in your area you can talk to, go to a Nissan dealer and talk to a mechanic. Otherwise talk to a 510 owner because they get stuck with R180s 100% of the time.

Maybe someone can post a link to a pic of the different diffs side by side? I checked JTR manual and didn't see a pic.

David

Pulled my R180 off this weekend, the manual says theres a nut holding the shaft to the flange on the diff, and it shows it on the outside of the two. After a while, I figured out it was inside where to two meet.

The R200 seemingly does not have this holding nut?

Owen

Hey, thanks for the input. The web page suggested had a good verbal description of the differnece and Hybridz member Andrew Bayley had a picture of the two side by side on his web site. Now all i have to do is go look at my car. Thanks.