HybridZ

Anyone looked at the Motown 415 crate motor?

Iron heads but the darned thing makes nearly 480 flywheel HP! I've seen several mags test that sucker and the block is darned solid. Every motor gets dyno tested before going out the door too - whew! Can't help but think that would be a great way to get a darned nice motor ready to roll. Probably a bit heavy though... icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Anonymous

How much Dosh are they asking for that motor and where? I'd be interested in seeing it just for grins.. Sounds like a lot of HP.

Regards,

Lone

Yes, both the recent Chevy High Performance and Hot Rod mags have articles on this motor and the SB 427. I must say, $2000 for a finished machined block is not cheap, but you can have that big bore and throw a 3-7/8" crank in it with out problem to make insane torque and HP out of a NA streetable motor. I'm drooling over it.

I couldn't find a price on their site or anyone that had a price listed. BTW, they have an upgrade available with AL versions of their heads. But you could also buy the short block as well.

I didn't realize they had an aluminum header version - niiiice!

I've seen a price somewhere but I don't recall exactly what it was. I want to say in the neighborhood of $6K (iron head) but don't take that as gospel at all. It really is one heck of a motor if the mags are to be believed!

As for a WEB site, I'm not sure. I've only seen this in mags so far and that only recently. icon_confused.gif