HybridZ

RB25 Fuel Regulator

jakeoster

I may be mistaken and chances are highly that I am. But don't you need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator while running an aftermarket fuel pump? I thought you need one unless your fuel pump runs at the same lph as the stock unit would have.

Nopers, you only really need a aftermarket reg if your running aftermarket injectors or a new rail. I ran a stock reg and rail at 12 psi all last summer, no problems and I was running the equivalent of the walbro 255 pump. So don't spend the money on it. I was also running a wide band 02 sensor and I was always nicely rich !

Im running a stock regulator with high flow fuel pump and bigger injectors. Some people say that a stock regulator cant keep the pressure down enough at idle due to a large fuel pump putting too much pressure in the rail for the stock regulator bleed out... I personally have never had issues with this. I would only opt for an aftermarket regulator if my fuel-rail/fuel-plumbing required one or if I wanted to raise base pressure to get more out of your current injector setup. my .02