HybridZ

Need some final help

GOTHALOSISM

Ok new update: I finally got a new turbo dizzy and wired it up and finally got it to spark. Now the issue I have is that when I start the car it wont go over 400 rpm and thats with me flooring it. As soon as I release the throttle the car dies. I set the initail timing at 0 degrees at TDC and have the spark setting at 67 with a 22.5%.

Can you help me figure out what is wrong?

Yes we used a timing light and it was either at 0 at TDC or the mark was under the water pump depending on how I adjusted it. Trigger angle is at 67 and the addition is at +22.5. I tried ajusting the trigger angle both ways and nothing seems to work.

spark settings_thumb.JPG

You'll want timing of probably 10-15 BTDC for cranking and 20-24 BTDC for idling. You should be able to get the timing correct with about 60 entered for trigger angle, if not you may be off a tooth on the dizzy shaft.

Edited by mobythevan
fix spelling

When you crank the timing light should show 10 BTDC, but are you saying that you see 0 the timing light? I just need to make sure I understand what you are saying. Can you set the fixed timing to 10 and then let me know what you see with the timing light. From your picture fixed timing has -10 which tells megasquirt to use the spark table. Try 10 which will set it at 10 BTDC all the time.

I think we are just confused, if you set the fixed timing in megasquirt to 10 and set the trigger angle to 50 with no addition then you should be able to have someone crank the engine over while you look at the timing light and adjust the dizzy until you see 10 BTDC with the light. Your close, I think I am misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me. If you can't get to 10 BTDC on the light by doing this, then we should revisit some more basic details to make sure something wasn't overlooked.

After you find TDC and point the dizzy at #1 then do what I wrote in Post #9. Set trigger angle to 50, set fixed timing to 10, unplug the fuel injectors, have someone crank the engine and then put the timing light on and rotate the dizzy by hand until the timing light shows 10 BTDC. Lock the dizzy down at this point when it shows 10 BTDC. If the engine does not idle at this point you need to work on fuel settings like after start enrichment, warm up enrichment and make sure the engine is getting enough air to idle. You may need to adjust the screw to open the butterfly on the throttle body more so it will idle.

Once you are idling good, then go back and put -10 into the fixed timing box so you will now use the spark table instead of fixed timing.