HybridZ

240Z Clutch Master and Slave

Already had a '72 240Z, then I bought another one. I have a problem wink.gif

Here's the thing, the clutch slave on the new 240Z appears to have failed. Haven't been able to get under the car yet to make sure that's what it is because of where it is parked and working long hours.

Question, should I buy a new clutch master and slave (I was going to replace both at the same time) from Nissan or will Autozone work just as well?

Nissan wants $80 for a clutch master vs Autozone's $43. Price difference for a clutch slave isn't as bad, Nissan $40 something, Autozone $34.

Also wanted to know if this was a good time to get something different I hadn't thought about. Like "Oh, you should get a 280z clutch master" or something like that.

Specs on the car:

'72 240Z, 4 spd, Viper Blue paint, white racing stripes.

L28 engine, N42 head was sent to some shop in California for valves, springs, seats, port & polish.

Stage 4 cam (can't remember the exact specs on that off the top of my head)

Bob Sharp Racing mainfold for the 4 barrel Holley carb.

ACT Stage 1 clutch

Lots of other stuff, that we can discuss later, lol ;)

Thanks for reading smile.gif

Seems like I answered this very question yesterday...

Wait I did ;) [searched 'slave cylinder' - it was the first post]

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149456&highlight=slave+cylinder

Good luck!

*edit*

On my 78 280Z, I bought the remanned Master Cylinder as well, it works fine but the rod from the pedal to the master that comes on the AutoZone unit is too short.

I had to swap rods with my old unit. Other than that It's a good deal and there is a lifetime warranty.

I can't think of what you'd swap it out for, even the s130 master/slave combo is the same size (but they won't bolt up!).

I ordered both on eBay for ~$50, that'd be my suggestion. Are you happy with your pedal travel right now?

Well, for the short amount of time that I got to drive it after I bought it and before the slave went, I found the clutch pedal travel to be a bit short and stiff. But since this is the first car I've had with a stage anything clutch, I figured that's how it is supposed to be.