HybridZ

turning signal problem

Guest Zpeed

Guest Zpeed

okey when i go to turn i flick the turn signal stick up and i turn, then it doesn't flick back to turn off,

i hope you understand what i mean

was this normal in Z's i'm not sure, but if it isn't, wat would i have to do, i've opened the switch up before but havn't seen any major problems with it ,i have seen that the joint is a little loose, but that wouldn't be causing it i would think, maybe a spring or something, i have no idea...

thanks

I don't remember if the Z had this, what year was it? I know in my other car there is a tooth on the steering wheel hub that disengages the turn signal when its flicked on. Oh, I know, my car didn't have the stock steering wheel in the first place.

Take off the wheel and flick the switch, there might be some kinda plastic switch or arm that sticks out. When you turn the wheel back to straight, something should hit this and disengage the turn sig stick.

Owen

Guest Anonymous

I seem to remember there being a rollpin in the steering wheel hub that makes contact with a fork when you put on the turnsignal. The fork gets moved down and clipped by the rollpin when the wheel is turned, turning it off. At least thats the way I remember it, been a while since I had the wheel off, and even longer since the stock wheel.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Zpeed

well its a 76 260z aussie model, i don't have the original steering wheel on... i do remember, seeing a fork or something like that.... might be that. i'll go have a look. but the stock steering wheel that i have got is all rotten, then rubber is rotten,

i'll go have a look at it now... but can't go test it... cause it on the jack stands...

maybe someone else knows...