HybridZ

RB25 wiring in a S30 chassis

rb_darryl

I am rebuilding my RB25 from the bottom up a very extreme build. But the engine was previously in a s13 before i spun a bearing sadly... but now i want to to put the engine in a s30 chassis.

my question is that since my harness is "converted" to work for a rb25 in a s13, what changes need to be made to it for the s30, if any???

let me know thanks.

I am in the midst of completely rewiring my Z, so if you have any questions when you are doing it, my entire harness is apart--I can help you. Unfortunately a lot of it relates back to how you want to run some of your wiring (most of my important ♥♥♥♥ is on switches or buttons) but its all the same. I dont know whats wrong with me but I love doing wiring projects like this.

On your s13 there were two plugs near the fuse box(grey and brown) which fed power to all your RB harness, ecu, sensors etc... Take those two plugs and give most of them switched 12v. Give the red (ecu backup) a constant 12v. Use the black/pink to on the ground side of a relay to power a fuel pump. Thats pretty much it. I attached an SR20 to 240sx diagram bellow but it should give you and idea of some wire colors on your 240sx body harness side at least, hope it helps.

SR Wire Color ------- KA Wire Color ---------- Function

Black / Pink stripe ----- Black / Pink stripe-------- Fuel pump relay - grounds a relay to activate fuel pump

Red / Black stripe------ Red / Black stripe ------- ECU relay - powers ecu relay (switched)

Black / White stripe ----Black / White stripe------ ECU power (I believe its constant 12v)

Black / Yellow stripe --- Black / Yellow stripe ---- Idle air control solenoid power (switched)

Brown -----------------Any +12V Switched------O2 sensor power (switched)

Red --------------------Red-------------------- ECU backup power (constant)

Black / Red

Blue / Red-------------- Black / Red stripe--------- Main ignition power (switched)

p.s. you might ignore the o2 and idle air control because on the RB harness they are powered by one (blue/white stripe) wire which also powers VTC (give this a switched 12v)

Hope the whole sr20 thing isnt confusing you, they usually wire RB swaps in S13's in a similar fashion.

Main ignition power was one of the wire I listed, so you can run a switched/relayed power to that wire to power the ignition coils. Ecu power wires will power all your engine sensors and ecu. the blue/white stripe will power Idle air control, VTC, o2.