HybridZ

Mckinney Motorsports kit and rb30 swap

rigez

I just talked to Mac at Mckinney Motorsports and he said a few of members here used their rb25/26 kit to do the rb30 swap.

For those of you that did use their kit. Did you have to modify it for use with the rb30?

Btw. Mac very friendly and willing to share information/knowledge about the swap.

Edited by rigez
adding side note.

if i remember correctly the rb30s deck height is anout 1.5" taller than that of a rb26 so once your head and turbo is mounted (if going top mount single) you may have clearance issues. but i suppose you could shim the mounting cradle and effectively lower the engine.

Are you talking about an RB30ET or RB30DET?

I can tell you from experience that the SOHC version will fit in a 240/260z but is very tight on hood clearance with the factory plenum crossover pipe,so if the mounts you are using drop the motor as low as you could possibly go then it may just fit

Of course if you use a front facing plenum a'la rb26,then there is no problem

Not sure about freight cost but Castlemaine Rod Shop in australia do the RB30/Z mounts,exchange rate definitely in your favour

RB30DET. Thanks for the info about the rb30 mounts.

Are you talking about an RB30ET or RB30DET?

I can tell you from experience that the SOHC version will fit in a 240/260z but is very tight on hood clearance with the factory plenum crossover pipe,so if the mounts you are using drop the motor as low as you could possibly go then it may just fit

Of course if you use a front facing plenum a'la rb26,then there is no problem

Not sure about freight cost but Castlemaine Rod Shop in australia do the RB30/Z mounts,exchange rate definitely in your favour