HybridZ

L series 5 speed or KA 6 speed

cockerstar

Hey guys,

The tranny in my 240 is shot, and I have two spare four speeds I could replace it with, but I'm going to be doing a lot of driving across the state, so I would prefer to replace it with a five or six speed transmission. I'd be fine with a five speed from a 280zx, or a modded KA tranny that will fit the L series. I'd even be interested in an unmodded tranny that I could have the machine work done to.

Idealy I would like to trade for the tranny, as I have a rust free parts car that is going to get cut up for patch pannels, but cash offers are acceptable.

Please let me know what you have,

Ryan

Thanks for the heads up.

I was reading someone in AK had a 6 speed behind their l series, and just assumed that it was the KA tranny. I'm just looking for something with an OD :)

That was probably me. I believe I was asking if a 350z auto was practical for a KA.

BTW you can use a S15 SR20DET 6 speed, but you would have to swap the KA bell housing onto the trans and the diff from a S15, because the speedo sender is on the diff, not on the transmission.