HybridZ

bre style airdam into 280z?

Megatherion

I was looking around MSA for a bre style air dam, but I notice that in the add they described the air dam as being one for only for the 240z and for the early 260z, can someone explain to me why it wouldn't fit my 280z? I'm going to use the front valance from my 280z and both turning light housing from a 260z into my 280z, but I don't remember if the 260z was an earlier or later model, thanks in advance.

I was looking around MSA for a bre style air dam, but I notice that in the add they described the air dam as being one for only for the 240z and for the early 260z, can someone explain to me why it wouldn't fit my 280z? I'm going to use the front valance from my 280z and both turning light housing from a 260z into my 280z, but I don't remember if the 260z was an earlier or later model, thanks in advance.

I don't really know, I imagine it would have something to do with how the lower valience is setup on the 260/240Z's they have the low round turn signal lights. it could also have something to do with the bumper mounts, since the 280z has the heavier shocks and bumpers.

I bet it could be made to fit though, anything can, how well just depends on you.

Phar

I had 240z air dam on my old 75 280z. Tough fit but it works. Trimming on 2 center piece where the frame rails runs down and thats pretty much it. Also either the 280z is a bit wider or what, but mine was a bit stretched to make it work. I did have a cheap ebay fiberglass one though.