HybridZ

Anybody using Logworks 3? Newbie needs some help

Calgary280ZT

Hi guys

Well, the car is running again. It has a very rough tune, time to do some logging and tuning. Unfortunately, I am having trouble figuring out Logworks (I don't feel bad, the guy helping me is a software engineer and he was cursing it too!).

Basic problem is setting it up so that the X and Y axis conform to the Wolf V500 fuel map. The way Bo set it up is that the we have load in percentages on the vertical axis and rpm on the horizontal axis. It's been over a year since the install, but I seem to recall Bo had his Logworks set up so that it was identical.

Is this possible?

FYI, I'm only running 2 psi boost until I become more familiar with tuning. So far I've been driving and checking the Logworks AFR gauge and I'm lean at the top of the map, so have been gradually enriching those cells, which has brought the lean spikes down to the 13.5-14 range.

Anyway, any help is much appreciated.

Markham

Hi Markham,

I just went through the same thing. Luckily, some of my old datalogs still have the user-defined fuel calculation charts embedded in them.

The way I set them up is:

Horizontal axis: 0-7000 RPM using 29 steps

Vertical axis: 0-43.5 psi using 16 steps

This should match the Wolf if using 250 RPM increments, otherwise you can adjust the horizontal axis steps accordingly.

Hope this helps, -hughdogz

[Edit: If you still have one of your LW2 maps, open it up. Then, go to your template manager. Click on the "file" templates and save it as a generic template. Now, when you start a new chart / session you can use the saved (generic) template from LW2. This will save you from having to create a new template in LW3.]