HybridZ

Lower Radiator hose setups

streeteg

So I dont have a same side entry/exit radiator. I have been having problems with air bubbles and coolant leaks from the lower hose that leaves the block, goes across the engine bay and into the lower portion of the rad.

Can you guys post your setups so ican see how those are coming together? I have a long flexhose from one side to the other(how the car came) and im guessing thats just not the way to do it.

-Eric

If problems still persist you could try to run a radiator with the inlet/outlet on the same side. Theres one you can get from an 83' 200sx that fits the z and has them on the same side. its cheaper then getting a custom one. I found one at the junk yard for $20 bucks and it seems to be doing the trick.

get a stainless pipe made.

ideally all your rad hoses shoudl be stainless piping with couplers, just like your charge pipes. will never have to replace another rad hose again.

the length of the rad hose shoudl have no effect on bubbles.

in fact, the leaks is whats causing your bubbles/air pockets.

• 9 months later...

get a stainless pipe made.

ideally all your rad hoses shoudl be stainless piping with couplers, just like your charge pipes. will never have to replace another rad hose again.

the length of the rad hose shoudl have no effect on bubbles.

in fact, the leaks is whats causing your bubbles/air pockets.

Are you filling your radiator correctly?

You should use a bottle/hose of some sort that fits into the radiator neck snug. So you can get the water level above the engine.

Then open the air release valve in the cooling system which is located near where the fuel inlet and outlet is.

This releases all the air from within the cooling system.