HybridZ

radio/heater panel

inlawZ

Anyone here make a modern radio/heater control panel for 240z's?

i have the original but i removed the heater and ac, and my car is far from original. i'm looking to get a simple panel to put there that looks like it belongs there but not like the original.

i know a lot of people here have made there own with gauges or switches, if you are not selling them, maybe i could get some pictures so i can get ideas for mine.

i have done the searching and have seen a few (most for 280z's) so please do not tell me to search, i've been through every interior thread here.

Thanks

You're own your own here. I've seen a few 'custom' panels in here. Most look like an afterthought made from a sheet of abs or aluminum. Anything that would appear unique but period correct would take concerted effort. I have a couple of ideas but chose to use a 73 panel modded to accept a small insert for the Vintage Air controls.

I like that too. It looks like they forfeited the center vent though. I finally got my vintage air installed and that center vent does make a difference! I guess it's all in what you want. A DVD screen (or is that a GPS display?) in that location is illegal here in Va and I'd rather watch a movie from my couch or bed anyway.

You can make a double din screen do about anything.... its all about what company you go with..

Ive seen some people setup the screen to a harddrive/computer that can access the internet(basically making it a touchscreen computer)

Its really all about what you want though...

A few ideas I have is if you wanted to keep the center vents you could mount the cd player in the glovebox or in the little maintenence boxes behind the seats... and hook the cd player up to the screen... and use the screen as volume control/track changing etc.

Or you can do the route with the least modifications necessary and get a single din dvd touch screen cd player that folds out... will mount in the stock location too.. and is adjustible

Of course it would be more "showy" to make a custom center consol and have the double din screen with a cd player hidden... I think I have even seen some double dins where you remove the screen and there is a slot to play cd's/dvd's

You can make a double din screen do about anything.... its all about what company you go with..

Ive seen some people setup the screen to a harddrive/computer that can access the internet(basically making it a touchscreen computer)

Its really all about what you want though...

A few ideas I have is if you wanted to keep the center vents you could mount the cd player in the glovebox or in the little maintenence boxes behind the seats... and hook the cd player up to the screen... and use the screen as volume control/track changing etc.

Or you can do the route with the least modifications necessary and get a single din dvd touch screen cd player that folds out... will mount in the stock location too.. and is adjustible

Of course it would be more "showy" to make a custom center consol and have the double din screen with a cd player hidden... I think I have even seen some double dins where you remove the screen and there is a slot to play cd's/dvd's

i actually do custom installs and most double dins i work with either have the face flip down with a cd slot behind or a cd changer you mount somewhere else in the car.

when i get my car tomorow and i get to work on the interior some time ill be going with a double din and i liked that guys layout but i wouldnt do the seperate cd player if it has a double din that just makes it look tacky. only way it wouldnt look quite as bad if he cd player was below the radio or at lease close to the screen ...

Now someone needs to make a custom fiberglass console and then have it mass produced...

I'll be in the works for a mold within a month or 2 its hard finding a job right now so i guess i could do some useful fabricating.

i want to change the layout of the center console... Possibly even work on a dash but deffinatly center console first.

i wonder how many people would be interested in something like this... mabe one like the above to hold a double din... if you guys give me some input i might go about doing this... and having a finished product in a month - 2 months tops

Well, I would keep the back part of the console stock so it can be used with the armrests/cupholders motorsport auto sells... I would put the double din screen angle to mount into the console at like 50-75 degrees..

But yeah, make a mold and keep us posted...

• 2 weeks later...

I have done more research on this and have found out, it may be posssible to do a DCC swap into a s30!

http://www.chuonthis.com/cars/s14-dcc/

it appears the 240sx jdm s14 auto digital climate control appears to be the same size as a s30's(alittle larger than a single din radio)..

This online rightup gives a complete guide to all of the sensors needed for a s14 usdm a/c. Maybe you could buy a s14 usdm ac system and install it into an s30?

Running upon this incredible find has given me alot of ideas... Double din dash... digital climate control, and now speed hut has a speedo with integrated turn/brights... I think we might be able to fully update the electronics on a s30 while keeping the original dash!

• 5 months later...
I have done more research on this and have found out, it may be posssible to do a DCC swap into a s30!

http://www.chuonthis.com/cars/s14-dcc/

it appears the 240sx jdm s14 auto digital climate control appears to be the same size as a s30's(alittle larger than a single din radio)..

This online rightup gives a complete guide to all of the sensors needed for a s14 usdm a/c. Maybe you could buy a s14 usdm ac system and install it into an s30?

Running upon this incredible find has given me alot of ideas... Double din dash... digital climate control, and now speed hut has a speedo with integrated turn/brights... I think we might be able to fully update the electronics on a s30 while keeping the original dash!

Hate to revive the dead but was there ever any furthur follow-on info about doing this?