HybridZ

Require some injector help..impedence related

jerryb

To make it clear I am electricaly challenged and as such require some help.....please........

I need to increase injector size on my SX and am considering switching from the stock KA24e injectors to GTR injectors. Both are top feed but with different impedence ranges. GTRs are 444cc and the KAs are 260cc. I understand that if I drop the GTR injectors in "as is" the ECU will fry....right?

I have meassured the impedence of both and found the following..

Stock KA24e 14.2 Ohms

Upgrade GTR 2.4 Ohms

I believe a Honda resistor box will work but am unsure.....can someone please confirm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120444810896&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

What I dont understand is how important is it that I match the impedence to the injectors. Does it need to be exact or just close?

Are there any better options I should consider...... other than buy high impedence injectors.

Thanx!

I am using a 280zx turbo (1981) resistor pack and it's only 6 ohms which has me wondering if my 2.6 ohm injectors and the resistors combined will eventually kill the injector drivers from overcurrent but.......so far I've had no troubles.

I know the ecu expects to see 12 to 14 ohms and am also wondering if adding a bit of resistence to make my setup ohm out at that range would end up changing the opening speed of the injectors and affect my mixtures.

I would do more searches on other makes as well as nissan concerning dropping resistors (yes you will need them in your case) and find out if possibly a higher resistence than the honda pack delivers would be better.

• 2 weeks later...