HybridZ

rb drive line questions

zmyz?

Ok so I bought a r32 front clip with an rb20det in it. It also has the 4wd trany. The plan is to put it in my 88 z31. Would i be able to use the bell housing off the 4wd and my stock z31 n/a trany? I have read I can use the z32 and a 240sx trannies but thats all the info i can find... I don't recall racingjitter's write up saying what trany he used, and his is the most detailed i have come across? Anyway I was kinda hoping to use the stock one and possibly the stock drive shaft. Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I can't answer your question, but as far as I know the Z32 can only be transferred to a RB25/26 bellhousing. The RB20 transmission is equivalent to that of the SR20/ 240SX, so you might be able to transfer one of those into your bellhousing. I know Z31 turbos had the same transmission as the Z32, but since yours is N/A then the transmission might be the same as the RB20 and be transferrable.