HybridZ

Maf Plug Favor---

streeteg

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of their maf plug on their RB25det. I need to see the wiring going into the plug. My tuner disassembled my plug, then reassembled it and after driving home from the dyno, the car started sputtering to the point where I could not give it any more then 1/4 throttle. Anything more it would sound like I was pegging the rev limiter, and shoot flames, and felt physically very bad...The only thing that was altered from before going to the dyno to after (only went for baseline pulls) was this wiring. I want to see if maybe one of the wires is switched.

On a side note, when we were at the shop, he attempted to tune my Power FC, but the MAF was reading funky voltages and it would have been pointless. I have a z32 maf that I am waiting to wire in I am just not sure if I can drive the car aorund wit hthat Maf on at all without getting tuned. Regardless this is all mainly to have teh car drivable back to the tune so I can make some better, safer power.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Eric you can select a z32 maf in the power FC so no harm in installing it. It will automatically rescale the a/f map so it will run just fine.

Yes, your problem you are describing is definitely related to your maf wiring. I had the same issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a stock maf on my car to compare.

Evan

I dont have the power FC in yet to do so. I just wanted to make it to the dyno without having to waste cash on a tow. Hopefully someone will chime in here with a picture so I can attempt to rewire it-- if that is the case.

What is weird, is that i drove it home from the dyno fine for about an hour--I stopped at a friends house, then on the way home after shutting it down then turning it back on it started the sputter. My guess is either the maf just crapped out or the ECU just recognized the f'd up wiring.

I can also say that when the problem first started happening... if i got the car above 4k it would run just fine.. But then by the time i limped it home it happened across the board.