HybridZ

My First "complex" Body Patch

Ok, this is what I worked on off and on the past two days (while i was working on brakes, waiting on parts, waiting on caliper paint to dry etc). This is my first "Complicated" body repair patch, with curves, multiple bends (i used multiple metal welded together instead of bends), etc. Actually this wasn't near as hard as i thought it would be. I know my welding isnt the best, but its getting alot better since I've jumped in and got more practice. I've got to get a Dremmel so i can get in those tight spots, but here are some pics before filler. Pics with body filler to come... 05-17-2009013.jpg05-17-2009014.jpg05-17-2009020.jpg05-17-2009021.jpg05-17-2009022.jpg

Yeah, my kid screwed with the settings on the welder, and i didnt realize. That was the last part i welded and he messed with it while i was in getting a drink right before i started that last part. I cant get in to grind it out until i get a dremmel, or some type of attachment for my drill to grind it out and reweld it.

Yeah, my kid screwed with the settings on the welder, and i didnt realize. That was the last part i welded and he messed with it while i was in getting a drink right before i started that last part. I cant get in to grind it out until i get a dremmel, or some type of attachment for my drill to grind it out and reweld it.

3/8's Christmas tree carbide bit will do the trick for that complex curve

Thanks i picked one up but my drill seems to not have enough speed... I'll have to pick up a corded drill to get the speed to grind it down. Also i posted in the Paint/Body section where i'm trying to shave the rear of my ZX. ALOT harder process than shaving a Z. Check it out if you guys have time. I'm sick right now so haven't got to work on it the past two days...

Thanks i picked one up but my drill seems to not have enough speed... I'll have to pick up a corded drill to get the speed to grind it down. Also i posted in the Paint/Body section where i'm trying to shave the rear of my ZX. ALOT harder process than shaving a Z. Check it out if you guys have time. I'm sick right now so haven't got to work on it the past two days...

this would actually be ideal for that bit... needs to spin way faster then any drill would take it if you want it to last a while those bits aren't cheap

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95029