HybridZ

R200 5spd. s30 240z driveline swap.

GrenadeZ

Hello.

1972 240z

R200 & 5spd. out of 1982 na 280zx.

280x parts car. Im going to strip the car for what I need at the salvage yard to take the tranny and 5spd. Car has blown head gasket. but tranny and diff are good (drove car around town with sealant).

Any super advice or heads up I should know about before I head into No internet land to the salvage yard and do the Swap?!

That is...ANy info not included in the FAQ page which I have properly rehearsed... :D

I also have a Hyperflex kit Im going to attempt to install while the rear is apart.

Thanks in advance for any heads up. Expect pictures when painted, installed, and finished!!

Hopefully I wont break down and snatch up the ex figure 8 built 350 sitting in the salvage garage but, if I do expect pics of that too :nono:

Take some cable to tie up the motor so when you drop the tranny off you don't bind everything up... makes sliding it out a little easier (with shifter off)

And I thought it was easier to yank the entire subframe out of the back and unbolt the diff from it than attack it in the car. Just pull the break lines off at the metering block, pull the hand brake cables off, disconnect the shocks, pull the bolts out and drop the subframe... warning it's heavy, but when it's out it's faster and easier to get the bolts on top of the diff and easier to get to the companion shafts should you want them too with all that room.