HybridZ

How difficult is it to install gauges?

I am talking to the guys over at Vildini about getting my SR20DET wired up. I have ordered some autometer sport comp gauges (speedo, tach, fuel level, air fuel, oil press, water temp, and voltage) and I was wondering how difficult these things are going to be to install. Vildini wants $75 per gauge for installation and I am thinking thats a little much, but at the same time I have no idea what goes into installing gauges like this. I have taken the dash on and off a few times, so I know the workings of that. I have done some wiring on the car, but nothing crazy.

What do you guys say, give vildini the gauges, or just have them wire up the motor and then throw in the gauges myself?

Wiring the gauges in my mini was the first thing I've ever wired all by me lonesome, that said it isn't difficult. Usually the gauges have really simple easy to follow instructions. IMO, the hardest thing about wiring gauges, is getting sending units that are compatible with the gauges you're using. It may take you a while this time, but looking at the bright side, you'll know how it all works so if anything breaks, you'll be able to fix it yourself without a problem.