HybridZ

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all! You Guys rule! I have been lurking for a while and decided it was time to say

hello. I have loved Zs for a long time, but was always a purist when it came to the

motor....Please forgive me.

While looking for ideas for a new Z project I came upon you guys. Since then I have

seen the Darius video ( my old Z was fast but that is......!!!!) I have also read many past forums and printed off many of you all's web sights. Note: Terry O. You are the man! .

Z history.... I've owned a 240, slammed with an aero kit, 280 motor with side draft

webbers. 12k+ =140 mph solid as a rock. I also had a 280 stocker. It was a clean nice

ride.

Current Z status, Z-less for now. However, the boss has given me permission to build shop and another Z. Since many years ago I sold my 240 to get married.

In planning for a new rod I have been doing research on small block build ups.I found these various bulid up articles in some of my mags. Just thought you all might find them helpful.

Chevy high Perf. Mar. 2000 Has a story on Jim Biondos 550 hp 260.

CHP mar.2000 also Has a Story on how to make 400 hp w/Ls1 and How to build a 527hp 350.

CHP July 96 How to build 520hp 383.

CHP April 2000 How to Build a 500hp 355.

CHP Aug 2001 How to build a 485hp 350.

CHP Sept 99 350 build up part 1 =265hp.

CHP Nov 99 350 build up part 3 =350hp.

CHP Dec 99 " " " 4 =380hp.

CHP Jan 2000 " " 5 =408hp

CHP May 2000 " " 6 =416hp

CHP July 2000 " overview 8 =239-470hp.

CarCraft Aug 2001 how to build a 520 hp 350.

P.S I hope this comes out ok, I have never posted before.

Crowned one, welcome.

Sounds like you are no longer an engine purists. Mike Kelly is also a convert icon_wink.gif. I wanted a V8Z since I saw a Hot Rod article with a Scarab in it way back in the 70s icon_wink.gif. Got a Z, then finally did the install - yet to really drive it though.

Regards,