HybridZ

74 260 Z water pump shattered, radiator questions

So i took out my 74 260z for a drive after finally installing a new starter, I got it started and it ran well, There was a groaning noise coming from the front, i said i was going to order a new water pump as soon as i got in for the day. I took it for one last drive about 15 miles when i started making some real loud screeching noises, then the pump went, on my drive way about 200 yards from the garage.... but the pump shattered and i took the radiator out and the guy at the shop said he would have to cut out about 10% of the radiator, but he said that the car should run fine... should i get a new radiator or use the old one with 10% less capacity?

I trashed my 260 radiator and put a 280z AC radiator in and my car runs cooler now. The bottom sticks out some down below but for better cooling it is worth it. I saw a 280 radiaitor on this forum for 50. Your 260 will use a 240 or 260 radiator and you can probably find a good used one that has all capacity not 10% missing.

So i just took off the water pump and there is an area where the blades from the water pump scratched the housing, also there is little pieces of metal in the bottom radiator hose.. should i flush the system with water before i put the refurbished radiator on, and if so, what is the best way to do this, should i run water through the system by shooting water into the top radiator hose? any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian