HybridZ

Heater matrix pipes

Hello guys need the advice of people who know chevy engines. I have a 240z with a 1962 327 chevy v8 installed. It was in the scarab position but ive removed the engine and am presently in the process of changing the engine to the JTR position. Ive removed the mechanical fuel pump and fitted a blanking plate, but wasnt sure if you have to remove the item that moves the mechanical pumps arm, its like a little piston. Secondly i dont want to run a heater matrix, so do i just blank of the heater matrix pipes from the inlet manifold and water pump, or do i have to join these pipes together to allow water to flow from the inlet manifold to the water pump, i cannot see the sense in joining these pipes because the water pump already flows through the manifold and radiator, but im not sure if doing so:nono: would create air blockages. I would appreciate advIce on this from people who know regards heath.

just plug the holes for the heater hoses.

I would take the pushrod out for the fuel pump i had a motor that with it left in and had no issues, its just 4 bolts and if will slide right out.

Theres no reason to leave parts in the engine if they dont need to be there IMO.