HybridZ

newbie question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Why did everyone go with a v8 rather than doing a turbo 6? also with the v8's what rear are you guys using? is their a v8 kit that i can buy..

Also what is the differance in a 240z to a 260 to a 280z and a 280zx

Man, this has been gone over many times, but I'll give you my short answer:

Easy, streetable wide power band, huge aftermarket of low cost parts. Neck snapping acceleration and throttle response from 2000-6000+ (depending on build of V8) rpm.

Plus, if done correctly, it keeps the weight distribution and weight the same or better than the L6.

Welcome to the forum! You should find plenty of information on this site to answer most of your questions. Take your time looking at the black information screen and all the links, tech articles, etc.

To answer your question of "why a V8?", the answer is that "it was meant to be." The V8 is a natural candidate for the Z and the torque of a big V8 cannot be beat IMO. I love instant rubber, and the V8Z is one of the best cars for that.

There is a "kit" that most Chevy guys on the forum use. It is produced by JTR (Jags That Run) and is the overwhelming choice of the kits available on the market. Look on the black "Speed Racer" screen under the links and find JTR. I would suggest purchasing their book first and reading about the conversion--if it is something you want to do, before plunging into a big project.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Davy